weight tracker

Monday, February 4, 2013

Ready or not?

So my boyfriend and I are back together finally. He needed time to figure everything out, but I do believe that now we will be stronger than ever. The only thing is..he made me getting treatment a requirement of this working out. I know he wants what's best for me, and us, and he's right that this disorder changes me, but I am so so so scared. I feel like I'm not ready to get help yet. I'm 125 pounds for goodness sake, no one's going to believe that I have an eating disorder. How am I supposed to recover if I'm not even sick yet? I want to get better, I do, I just keep thinking that I want to put it off. Just let me get down to 110, 100, 95, maybe i'll be sick enough then. He asked me to eat lunch with him, I said no, he pushed, I agreed to a salad bar. I picked at my dry lettuce, carrot sticks, celery, raw broccoli. He kept asking what was wrong. I really didn't know. They were all safe foods. Couldn't have been more than 100 calories total. Probably closer to 50. I think it just felt like a meal. I was sitting down and eating in public. It was overwhelming. I started crying and we had to leave. I just really don't even know how to recover. I'm too scared of getting fatter. i'm too scared of everything. He thinks I'm tiny and bony. I think I'm huge and gross and blubbery. Which one of us is wrong? My logical brain says me, but my disorder says it's him. I want to go out and be carefree and eat at restaurants with him and my friends and my sisters. I want to eat a cookie if someone makes them for me instead of crumpling it up in a paper towel and throwing it away when no one's looking. I want to go to all of the things that I make up excuses to miss. I just...want to starve myself away at the same time. It's the hardest thing in the world to be constantly at war with yourself, because there's no way you can win. Guys, I really don't know what to do. I'm so scared.

1 comment:

  1. Eating out in public is very overwhelming. But to be honest with you, your logical mind is right. Your eating disordered mind is telling you that you're "too fat to have an eating disorder." The way you gotta look at it is that you have disordered eating. Many girls I was in treatment with the first time were not bones. It's more of phycological disorder. Our minds are over ruled by it. Treatment is a wonderful idea, and it's normal to be scared. But don't think that you don't look like you have an eating disorder. Any size and shape can have one.
    I'm glad that the two of you are back together, and maybe he's right. Maybe going to treatment would be the best solution for you. But you have to want it dear. Going out with your friends and family out to eat and actually enjoying yourself is what we all want. I hope you can figure things out my dear.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete